Academic Quality Assurance (QA) in higher education has become an issue of major concern. Ensuring quality of the products, the processes and delivery of services in higher education, is necessary for addressing the increasing demand for accountability and transparency in the management of higher education.
In the context of INILAK’s vision and mission, Academic Quality Assurance (AQA) is the process of ensuring that practices and procedures intended to enhance quality and excellence in the core INILAK’s areas of teaching, learning and research are adhered to.
INILAK is committed to enhance Academic Quality Assurance systems in order to provide excellent quality academic programmes that are relevant, accessible and market-driven which will also promote creativity; innovation; self-reliance and service to the community activities.
In this regard, INILAK’s Management in 2008, set up the Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance, which together with Academic Quality Assurance Committee (AQAC), is meant to assist the institution in achieving its mission of providing quality education and training, promote scholarship, service, innovation and creativity and inculcate moral values (Knowledge and Wisdom) for sustainable individual and societal development.
The mandate of the Directorate of Academic Quality Assurance at INILAK is to:
• Coordinate the Student-Lecturer Evaluation exercise.
• Synthesize, analyze and submit a report to the Executive Committee for necessary action on Faculties external examiners reports
• Initiate departmental market surveys to determine market needs and relevance of our academic programmes.
• Liaise with Faculties and Departments to monitor course reviews to ensure relevance as informed by the market surveys.
• Maintain a tracking system of departmental cyclic course reviews (at least once every four years) and provide periodic reports on status.
• Recommend to senior management programmes due for review.
• Recommend the development or de-establishment of programmes based on the findings of the market surveys.